Pub & Brewery News
Here is the latest news about pubs in the branch area. If you are a pub licensee and you would like to share news about your pub, please email ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc
- ...LOCAL SUMMER NEWS 2019...
- 1.0 Coventry & District CAMRA Pubs of the year 2019
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2019 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern, 14-16 Broomfield Place, Coventry CV5 6GY. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Old Bakery, 12 High Street, Kenilworth CV8 1LZ. Also the branch cider pub of the year is the Old Windmill 22-23 Spon Street Coventry: City Centre CV1 3BA
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2019
- 1.01 The Grapes gains Asset of Community Value status
The Grapes has now been given 'Asset of Community Value' by Coventry City Council this is great news for the local people and all that took this task on. We wish them well in the next stage to help keep the Grapes as part of the local community
Twitter / GrapesSave
- Thursday 27th June, 17:24 : RT @SaveTheCabinet: Just back from a very agreeable lunch at the community-owned @SaveTunsGuilden with campaign leaders there (thanks,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday 24th June, 09:24 : RT @SaveTunsGuilden: Glad you both enjoyed your visit, we're thrilled with our new village hub, community pub, a great asset for Guilden… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 22nd June, 17:48 : RT @mmell32: @GrapesSave @coventrycc @live_coventry @covobservernews @mayaali001 @CllrHetherton So what happens now then. Does i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday 20th June, 10:51 : RT @live_coventry: We are looking for another qualified senior reporter to join our newsroom at Coventry Canal Basin. Apply here if yo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 22nd June, 07:49 : Delighted to announce @coventrycc have granted Asset of Community Value to us yesterday! NB @live_coventry… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Protecting pubs. Well run pubs play a pivotal role in local communities, but are increasingly under threat of demolition or being converted to another use by large developers with 29 pubs closing every week. As a pub lover and local campaigner, your first step to saving a pub from this fate is to list it as an 'Asset of Community Value'. You can do this even before a pub is under threat, which will give the pub added protection under planning law. Please note that ACV listings only apply to pubs across England. If you have already listed your pub as an ACV, visit our planning help and guidance page, for additional resources and support.
- 1.1 The Old Windmill Spon Street in the Club times two
Timothy Taylors of Keighley, West Yorkshire have now awarded membership of the breweries Championship Club for recognising serving a perfect pint of Landlord. Well done to Michelle & the Staff for this achievement
Also they have gain one more for "Quality Assured" awarded by Sharp’s & Cask Marque for Doom Bar.
Whatpub Details The Old Windmill
- 1.2 New Ale Rooms & Gin Bar for Kenilworth
This week saw the opening of Kenilworth’s first Ale Rooms & Gin Bar in Smalley Place opposite the Clock tower at the top of Warwick Road (formerly The Gallery). The Ale Rooms & Gin Bar is owned by the same people of The Ale Rooms Knowle which has been Solihull & District branch Pub of the Year 2018 and 2019, and West Midlands County Pub of the Year. This new venture has six handpulls which offer real ales and cider plus a variety of gins along with keg beers. Some of the real ales on offer will be from local breweries. At the opening night this was Warwickshire’s Church End & West Midlands’ Silhill. We wish them every success for bringing a new establishment to the real ale scene in Kenilworth. CAMRA discount maybe given please ask at bar for more details
Opening times at present have been set at the following: Mon-Thu: 5pm -11pm, Fri- Sat 1pm-1am, Sun: 1pm-11pm
- Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
Branch Polo and T-shirts sporting the Coventry & District CAMRA logo. We have teamed-up with Beadlebop Design to produce these distinctive dark blue garments. For details about garment options and costs please click following link.
They are now available to order by quoting Coventry CAMRA from Beadlebop Design, Unit 2A, Fargo Village, Far Gosford Street, Coventry CV1 5ED. If you are unable to visit the shop in person then for more details, placement of orders and payment Tel 07982 040502 or email moc.yks@pobeldaebofni .
- Branch Trip to 28th Harbury Beer festival Saturday, 31st August 2019
28th HARBURY BEER FESTIVAL Saturday, 31st August 2019
11:00 Central baths, Fairfax Street
11:10 The Butts (for the Broomfield Tavern)
11:15 Earlsdon Library
11:30 The Clock, Kenilworth
Arrive in Harbury around noon.
For festival details refer to website: https://www.camrahow.org.uk/
18:00 Depart Harbury and return to Coventry - drop off points in reverse order.
Coach fare £10.00. Price does not include admission to beer festival.
To reserve coach seats please e-mail Steve ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@rerusaert
- Broomfield Tavern receives Sally Lavender memorial award
Broomfield Tavern & The Sally Lavender memorial award
After the sudden passing of Sally Lavender at the start of February. The West Midlands region decided to remember Sally by presenting a new annual award to the Cider Pub of the year for the West Midlands. So, the first to proudly display the awards went to Coventry very own Broomfield Tavern. .
Pictured Left: Graham from The Broomfield Traven & Mark Parkes partner of Sally. Right Graham & Steven Swain regional cider co-ordinator.
Sally Lavender sadly missed by all.
- Byatt’s Brewery wins awards
Byatt’s Brewery wins awards
Byatt’s gains awards in the 2018 CAMRA West Midlands regional beer of the year competition.
Regal Blond was awarded Sliver place in the Golden Ale Category. XK Strong also gained a Sliver in the Old Ale/Strong Mild Category. And XXXmas Ale was given the Bronze award in the Real ale in a bottle dark category.
A very happy Lee with Mick CAMRA's Brewery Liaison Officer for Byatt's at the brewery taphouse delivering the awards
- Dhillons brewery wins awards from SIBA
SIBA Midland Independent Beer Awards
Red IPA recently won a SIBA Gold Award in the SIBA Midland Independent Beer Awards
GPA also won SIBA Silver Award in the SIBA Midland Independent Beer Awards
- MashionistasBrewCo new brewery for Coventry
MashionistasBrewCo new brewery for Coventry
Mashionistas is an experimental 1 barrel brewery based in Coventry
Rochester Road Brewing and ShedBrew combine to make a new Coventry brewery. The first brews are likely to be on sale around Mid September. More details @Mashionistas & https://mashionistas.com/
Details about the brew kit https://mashionistas.com/blog/ready-to-brew/
Twitter / Mashionistas
- Friday, 18:13 : If you're really quick you might get to try Thirty 50, our best-of-both East meets West Coast IPA. On at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 18:21 : RT @OliverJGray: I get a lot of mail at the brewery, but this might be my favorite letter ever. pic.twitter.com/pwcqYM46ui
- Friday, 10:32 : RT @Tilt_Brum: Happy @BirmBeerWeek... TONIGHT is our first event from 19:30 All The Cool Cats 🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱 Pints x Pizza x Pinball Part… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 10:25 : RT @BirmBeerWeek: Tickets for the @LittleUrbanBBQ Crawfish Boil @atticbrewco on Sunday 21st July are still available. Head to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday, 16:39 : RT @GlassHouseTap: 👋🏻 pic.twitter.com/KnjGZrhDCr
- Triumph Brewery for Coventry
Triumph Brewery for Coventry
A new brewery for Coventry based in Tile Hill will soon be brewing. At present it looks like only bottles are to be produced. More details will follow as we here how the brewery is doing. They do have a Facebook page so search Triumph Brewing on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Triumph-brewery-426405274430122/.