Pub & Brewery News
Here is the latest news about pubs in the branch area. If you are a pub licensee and you would like to share news about your pub, please email ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc
- Awards winning Warwickshire Pub has new owners
Thursday 21 November 2019
The Old Bakery in Kenilworth had new owners at the start of November. So, it’s a fond farewell to Alan & Janet after almost 15 years serving the community of Kenilworth and beyond. We wish them well in projects new. A warm welcome to local family members Suny, Sanj, Shyam and Sarj to this new venture for them. The beer range has already increased to include a more diverse range of beer styles, from golden ales through ambers to stouts etc. Some minor changes are to be made over the coming months with extended opening hours in the afternoon and a coffee machine in the bar area to give a different ambience. We look forward to seeing how all progress in the coming months. Welcome all. WhatPub Details The Old Bakery
- 27th to 30th November Nursery Tavern's Event
Monday 11 November 2019
The Nursery Tavern in Chapelfields, Coventry will be holding its annual winter Garden Festival on Friday & Saturday 29-30 November. Like previous years, a “pre-fest” event will be held on the Wednesday and Thursday evenings prior to the Festival at which live music from local artists will feature.
Whatpub Details The Nursery Tavern
More details to follow
- ...LOCAL AUTUMN NEWS 2019...
Thursday 3 October 2019
- 1000 and not out for Byatt's Brewery
Wednesday 2 October 2019
This week Byatt's brewery mashed its 1000th brew. To celebrate this a new beer was produced DOUBLE TUSK ESB 4.9% an amber extra special bitter. With earthy, citrus notes and lingering bitterness. Well done all at the brewery
- Coventry & District CAMRA Pubs of the year 2019
Tuesday 1 October 2019
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2019 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern, 14-16 Broomfield Place, Coventry CV5 6GY. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Old Bakery, 12 High Street, Kenilworth CV8 1LZ. Also the branch cider pub of the year is the Old Windmill 22-23 Spon Street Coventry: City Centre CV1 3BA
Please note the Old Bakery, Kenilworth has new owners November 2019. Please note the Old Bakery Kenilworth has new owners November 2019. We wish Alan and the staff a fond farewell. And welcome new owners Suny, Sanj, Shyam & Sarj to this new venture for them. .
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2019
- Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
Monday 30 September 2019
Branch Polo and T-shirts sporting the Coventry & District CAMRA logo. We have teamed-up with Beadlebop Design to produce these distinctive dark blue garments. For details about garment options and costs please click following link.
They are now available to order by quoting Coventry CAMRA from Beadlebop Design, Unit 2A, Fargo Village, Far Gosford Street, Coventry CV1 5ED. If you are unable to visit the shop in person then for more details, placement of orders and payment Tel 07982 040502 or email moc.yks@pobeldaebofni .
- The Grapes gains Asset of Community Value status
Tuesday 25 June 2019
The Grapes has now been given 'Asset of Community Value' by Coventry City Council this is great news for the local people and all that took this task on. We wish them well in the next stage to help keep the Grapes as part of the local community
Update on The Grapes November 2019
Planning application for demolition and replacement with flats refused by Coventry City Council in May 2019. No appeal has yet been made against the refusal. The pubs was listed as an ACV in June 2019 and the owner has issued an 'intention to dispose' notice to Coventry CC. A company limited by guarantee run by a local businessman has made a request to be considered as a bidder. The ACV Moratorium ends on 10th March 2020.
Twitter / GrapesSave
- Thursday 31 October, 17:56 : Petition chng.it/6Rk66wkC to @coventrycc to protect ACV listed heritage asset The Grapes, Radford: Please RT @ThePubChampion @ProtectPubs @SAVEBrit @HistoricEngland @PlunkettFoundat @PubistheHub_uk
- Thursday 31 October, 17:51 : Petition chng.it/6Rk66wkC to @coventrycc to protect ACV listed heritage asset The Grapes, Radford: Please RT @covobservernews @Coventry2021 @covcamra @BBCCovWarks @covtelegraph @Coventry_City @live_coventry @covcampus
- Wednesday 30 October, 14:57 : Coventry City Council: Protect The Grapes Hotel, Coventry from deterioration for the local community. - Sign the Petition! chng.it/6Rk66wkC via @UKChange
- Thursday 27 June, 17:24 : RT @SaveTheCabinet: Just back from a very agreeable lunch at the community-owned @SaveTunsGuilden with campaign leaders there (thanks, guys). All looking fantastic - what a great success story! #saveourpubtoo pic.twitter.com/jORolNmyhl
- Saturday 22 June, 17:48 : RT @mmell32: @GrapesSave @coventrycc @live_coventry @covobservernews @mayaali001 @CllrHetherton So what happens now then. Does it stay a boarded up eye sore and fly tippers paradise?
Protecting pubs. Well run pubs play a pivotal role in local communities, but are increasingly under threat of demolition or being converted to another use by large developers with 29 pubs closing every week. As a pub lover and local campaigner, your first step to saving a pub from this fate is to list it as an 'Asset of Community Value'. You can do this even before a pub is under threat, which will give the pub added protection under planning law. Please note that ACV listings only apply to pubs across England. If you have already listed your pub as an ACV, visit our planning help and guidance page, for additional resources and support.