Pub & Brewery News
Here is the latest news about pubs in the branch area. If you are a pub licensee and you would like to share news about your pub, please email ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc
..IN BRIEF..Local News Autumn 2018.
- Book Launch, Signing & Tour with local author Fred Luckett
Friday & Saturday 28th -29th September Book Launch, Signing & Tour with the author.
Fred Luckett Coventry’s well-known local pub historian will be touring a number of venues over this weekend to promote and sign copies of this eagerly awaited book on Coventry pubs. For details of timings and locations see below. So come along and have a chat with Fred a fount of all knowledge on this subject and at the same time enjoy a beer or two at one or more of the locations around Coventry.
New Date added Coventry Archives & Research Centre, Herbert art Gallery & Museum Jordan Wells 3rd October at 10.30am
- Byatt’s Brewery Big in Japan sells out on first day
Byatt’s brewery in Japan
Next weekend will see the brewery showcasing their beers at the Daisen Beer Festival held in Yonago City in the region of Tottori Prefecture, Japan. Shelley Chamley-Byatt Director of the brewery will be a special guest of the festival and the only UK brewer. This year is special for them as it’s the 1300 year anniversary for the Daisen area. The festival will have around 91 different beers made by 13 different breweries, from 2 countries with 11 from Japan's top brewers. More details about this festival can be found at http://beerfestdaisen.com/en/index.shtml . This is a major accolade for all at the brewery and we wish Shelly a safe journey and a great experience at this festival set on Mount Daisen. The festival went well as the beer was sold out by 4.00pm on first day
- Coventry & District CAMRA Pubs of the year 2018
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2018 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern, 14-16 Broomfield Place, Coventry CV5 6GY. And our Warwickshire area is the Old Bakery, 12 High Street, Kenilworth CV8 1LZ.
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2018
We are pleased to announce that our Cider Pub of the Year 2018 for Coventry & West Midlands Regional winner is the Broomfield Tavern, 14-16 Broomfield Place, Coventry CV5 6GY.
- Launch of Branch Polo & T-Shirts
To coincide with the Members’ weekend, AGM and Conference we are pleased to announce the launch of Branch Polo and T-shirts sporting the Coventry & District CAMRA logo. We have teamed-up with Beadlebop Design to produce these distinctive dark blue garments. For details about garment options and costs please click following link.
They are now available to order by quoting Coventry CAMRA from Beadlebop Design, Unit 2A, Fargo Village, Far Gosford Street, Coventry CV1 5ED. If you are unable to visit the shop in person then for more details, placement of orders and payment Tel 07982 040502 or email moc.yks@pobeldaebofni .
- MashionistasBrewCo new brewery for Coventry
MashionistasBrewCo new brewery for Coventry
Rochester Road Brewing and ShedBrew combine to make a new Coventry brewery. The first brews are likely to be on sale around Mid September. More details @Mashionistas & https://mashionistas.com/
Twitter / Mashionistas
- Monday, 20:27 : RT @LuciferBeers: Still some of these up for grabs @TheStarInn_ £2 a bottle and ALL money taken goes to @macmillancancer… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday, 11:21 : RT @madsquirrelbrew: Really thrilled to announce that we have been selected to appear at @cask2019 the UK’s most progressive cask festiv… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday, 11:48 : RT @craftbeerriseuk: Huge congratulations to @ABKbeer, who have won The International Beer Challenge Supreme Champion 2018 for Hell, the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 13:24 : RT @TwistBarrelAle: Beer, burgers, cider, coffee - we've got it all going on @FargoVillage today folks! Head on down for your burger fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 18:10 : Looking forward to a few beers in @GardenCityBrews tonight, and Craftys Bottle Shop too. pic.twitter.com/kG90KwTMEd
- October Beer Week at The Old Bakery Kenilworth
October Beer Week
The Old Bakery are planning to hold a second beer week which last time lasted for 10 days. This time the featured region will be the Black Country. Beer experts are already scouring the area for their best beers which will be a difficult task given the excellent range of beers that emanate from the Black Country.It is planned to hold this event in the middle of October, further information will follow.
- The Old Windmill Autumn Beer & Cider Festival 3rd-7th Oct
The Old Windmill Autumn Beer & Cider Festival
The festival starts Wednesday 3rd October until Sunday 7th. As the week progresses it is hoped to put a few more beers and ciders on, so a nice choice will still be available on the Sunday as in previous years the choice has been limited later in the day.
The list is now taking shape with the following 15 ales on the list already to tease the taste buds.
Mordue Workie Ticket : Orkney Red MacGregor : Tryst Marshmellow Porter : Triple FFF Pressed Rat and Warthog mild : Campervan Leith Juice Orange IPA : Campervan The Hoppy Botanist : Coach House Innkeepers Special Reserve : Connoisseur Seibzig : Blind Mans Funny Farm : Manning Cave Man ; Millis Thieves n Fakirs Porter : Mad Squirrel Resolution : Little Valley Radical Roots Ginger pale : Grafton Framboise Raspberry Beer : Great Heck Shanker IPA.