Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
(UK City of Culture in 2021)
The Coventry & District branch covers. Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at 1,095. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welcome to you all. National Membership is over 192,300
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE CLICK IMAGE BELOW....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweries
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD.
Due to COVID-19 all social and meetings of the branch are now suspended until further notice. While current Government advice is that all social gatherings should be avoided in the short term, we’d like to encourage all beer-lover and pub-goers to investigate ways to continue supporting the industry, whether that be ordering their brews online from independent retailers local breweries or supporting pub crowdfunding campaigns to keep afloat
Help us support your local and keep pubs alive and thriving in every community. Download this poster now.
Put it in your front window, and follow the instructions, share with all your friends, family and colleagues.
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2020
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2020 & Cider pub of the year 2020 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Malt Shovel Bubbenhall 2 Lower End, CV8 3BW.
WELL DONE TO YOU All.
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
We’ve achieved so much since 1971, We still have lots to do to ensure all beer and pub lovers have access to quality beer and cider in pubs in every community across the UK.
We would love to hear from you, our members, as to why CAMRA membership counts. Click image to help.
SPRING 2020 PINT SIDES click image to download.
Seen something that needs updating on.. ..please use the submit updates tab in Whatpub or contact ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@reciffosbup and the branch will update details.
Twitter / covcamra
- Friday, 17:49 : RT @DhillonsBrewery: Folks, join us this weekend at the Lunt Roman Fort on Saturday 15th August 2020. This is a CultureCoventry collaboration with Dhillon’s Brewery and Surf and Slice. To join us please contact Nicola on 07767 255068 for more details🍺🍺 pic.twitter.com/oCfQTbGV4D
- Thursday, 13:55 : RT @ByattsBrewery: More time to drink in our lovely brewhouse? Remember we are now open Thursday 4-9pm, Friday 4-9pm AND Saturday 12-9pm for drinking in and takeaway but check out what treats we have on the bar this week! pic.twitter.com/YktE4sZQf7
- Wednesday, 20:20 : RT @ByattsBrewery: ICYMI>> As if our beautiful ales and beers were not enough we've added a cider to our draught options! Mortimers Orchard from Westons! Open Thurs & Fri 9-4pm and Saturday 12-9pm. pic.twitter.com/ncliNvg2Z2
- Tuesday, 12:53 : RT @jmcalder101: Hi everyone. Within 24 hours the petition which seeks to reverse the announced changes to SBR - is nearly at 9,000. At 10,000 it will require a response from Government. If you haven't, please sign: petition.parliament.uk/petitions/3340…
- Sunday 9 August, 11:53 : RT @NuneatonCAMRA: @churchendbeer campaignforpubs.org.uk/back-our-brewe… @ByattsBrewery @TwistBarrelAle @Mashionistas
- Tuesday, 10:24 : RT @TwistBarrelAle: Our site has been updated with booking availability for this weekend. Hoping that we dodge the storms forecast for this week and have a fantastic weekend. We're open as usual Friday 6-10pm, Saturday 2-10pm and Sunday 2-6pm. twistedbarrelale.co.uk/bookings
Brew2You has been created by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to support pubs and breweries during a time where trade is low and to help reduce wastage of beer.
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.
A new podcast episode will be released each week