Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
The Coventry & District branch covers Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at just over 875. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welome to you all. CAMRA has a national membership of over 157,000.
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD
- 1...Tuesday 28th June, The Old Crown, 466 Aldermans Green Rd, Alderman's Green, Coventry CV2 1NP,
- 2...Tuesday 5th July The Queen's Head, Old Rd, Meriden, Coventry CV7 7JP
- 3...Tuesday 12th July Northampton city centre
- 4...Wednesday 25th May Hearsall Inn, 45 Craven St, Chapel Fields, Coventry CV5 8DS
- 5...Tuesday 26th July. Humber Hotel, Humber Rd, Coventry CV3 1BA
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
If you have any local news please let us know at ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc
Spring 2022 PINT SIDES ISSUE click image to download
"It's a great read."
Twitter / covcamra
- Monday 13 June, 17:41 : RT @MMoore_HFP: BREAKING: Landmark #Nuneaton pub which closed yesterday has already found a new operator! @NuneatonCAMRA @AleCrew @nuneatonmems @vaughanmoore_ hinckleyfreepress.co.uk/2022/06/13/lan…
- Monday 13 June, 11:33 : RT @BeerNouveau: Updated list of breweries closed this year :¬( Kelham Island Beatnikz Swan Woods Cheshire Brewhouse Brumaison Worsthorn Exe Valley Fallen Three Castles Crafty Beers Coul Brewing Weird Beard Trumans CTZN (formerly Kew) Enfield Old Kent Road Bad Co Mouselow Farm Five Towns
- Saturday 11 June, 19:22 : Fantastic news the @covcamra beer festival raised £717.30p for @guidedogs thanks to all that donated 🐾🐕🦺 @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/i4DZGnSG0o
- Wednesday 8 June, 10:32 : RT @BeerDayBritain: One week to go until Beer Day Britain. The National Cheers To Beer happens at 7pm (19.00h). Raise a glass, say Cheers To Beer, then post a social media message #CheersToBeer If you want a copy of this ace logo you can download it from here: beerdaybritain.co.uk pic.twitter.com/lCT3gvkkKP
- Wednesday 8 June, 12:28 : Looking forward to this Saturday's presentation 6.45 to 7.45pm with @guidedogs . In @HopsdAmour see how much was raised at last month's @covcamra beer festival. Also see some 🐕🦺🐕🐾 that you have supported.
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweries
Your local beer is under threat. The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. More details click here
The Good Beer Guide 2022 has sold out! But you can still find The Good Beer Guide pubs by making the most of our Good Beer Guide App with a database of all of The Good Beer Guide Pubs and more venues serving real ale across the UK! "click image below".
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.
SUPPORT THE LOCAL
“You know it make sense”
"The journey of a cask A CAMRA Learn & Discover video guide click here "
Calling all landlords - Why not make sure your pub’s entry is up-to-date?
Seen something that needs updating on WhatPub please use the submit updates tab in Whatpub or contact ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@reciffosbup and the branch will update details.
Pubs are under threat of extinction you can help?
A new podcast episode will be released each week