Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
(UK City of Culture from May 2021 to May 2022)
The Coventry & District branch covers. Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at 1,033. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welcome to you all. National Membership is over 190,000
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE CLICK IMAGE BELOW....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweries
Your local beer is under threat. The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures, and less choice at the bar for you. CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers. More details ....
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD.
Due to COVID-19 all social and meetings of the branch are now suspended until further notice. While current Government advice is that all social gatherings should be avoided in the short term, we’d like to encourage all beer-lover and pub-goers to investigate ways to continue supporting the industry, whether that be ordering their brews online from independent retailers local breweries or supporting pub crowdfunding campaigns to keep afloat
Help us support your local and keep pubs alive and thriving in every community. Download this poster now.
Put it in your front window, and follow the instructions, share with all your friends, family and colleagues.
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2020
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2020 & Cider pub of the year 2020 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Malt Shovel Bubbenhall 2 Lower End, CV8 3BW.
WELL DONE TO YOU All.
Above image taken before lockdown restrictions
Licensee Mark McElhatton from Malt Shovel with the award.
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
- .....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE.....
- **Covtober fest! 10th October 2020**
- Coventry City Centre site for first Micro Pub plans approved
- Planning Application for new bar in Earlsdon submitted
- Pub of the Year and Club of the Year – Coronavirus Update
- Smiles all round at Byatt’s Brewery
- The Old Windmill Public House Spon Street
- Wow Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
We’ve achieved so much since 1971, We still have lots to do to ensure all beer and pub lovers have access to quality beer and cider in pubs in every community across the UK.
We would love to hear from you, our members, as to why CAMRA membership counts. Click image to help.
A new podcast episode will be released each week
SPRING 2020 PINT SIDES click image to download.
Seen something that needs updating on.. ..please use the submit updates tab in Whatpub or contact ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@reciffosbup and the branch will update details.
Twitter / covcamra
- Sunday, 18:18 : RT @Mashionistas: On Weds we're shipping a new NEIPA, You're an Idiom, in all its hoppy loveliness: 2 kegs left. We've also put Mashtronomical, our 7% Belgian-yeasted NEIPA, in 20L keyegs to ship on 28th. We tried a fruity Belgian strain in this juicy IPA & people loved it! Buy at @EeBriaTrade pic.twitter.com/jBF9MiDlyz
- Thursday, 12:49 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Responding to the announcement that Star Pubs and Bars has been fined £2m after being found to have seriously and repeatedly breached the Pubs Code, please find the attached comment from CAMRA's National Chairman Nik Antona: Read it on our website 👉 ow.ly/ssDz50BTbWt pic.twitter.com/2WRTXdvcxm
- Friday, 10:09 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Pubs and breweries need our help more than ever 🍺 CAMRA is calling for new a financial support package to help them pay wages, meet fixed costs and help see them through periods of reduced trade. Email your MP ow.ly/Mm3B50BQV2H Tweet the Chancellor ow.ly/CsGZ50BQV6F
- Saturday, 15:19 : RT @maltingsyork: View from the bar 😳 it’s Saturday afternoon..!! #Tier2Life pic.twitter.com/OCpW14CQtv
- Wednesday 14 October, 07:14 : RT @churchendbeer: Morning 😊 We have the lovely fresh green hop #bostonfatboy 4.4% back on this weekend along with #restinpeace 7.0% see you all from Thursday - doors open 6pm 🍻 12 noon on Friday, Saturday & Sunday 😀
Brew2You has been created by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to support pubs and breweries during a time where trade is low and to help reduce wastage of beer.
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.