Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
The Coventry & District branch covers. Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at just over 950. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welcome to you all. CAMRA has a national membership of over 180,000
GREAT BRITISH BEER FESTIVAL WINTER AT HOME! 19 – 21 MARCH 2021
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE CLICK IMAGE BELOW....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweries
Your local beer is under threat. The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures, and less choice at the bar for you. CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers. Sign the petition on the parliament.uk website deadline 10/03/2021. More details ....
Pubs are under threat of extinction you can help click image for more details
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD.
Due to COVID-19 all social and meetings of the branch are now suspended until further notice. While current Government advice is that all social gatherings should be avoided in the short term, we’d like to encourage all beer-lover and pub-goers to investigate ways to continue supporting the industry, whether that be ordering their brews online from independent retailers local breweries or supporting pub who do takeout's or crowdfunding campaigns to keep afloat
Help us support your local and keep pubs alive and thriving in every community. Download this poster now.
Put it in your front window, and follow the instructions, share with all your friends, family and colleagues.
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2020
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2020 & Cider pub of the year 2020 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Malt Shovel Bubbenhall 2 Lower End, CV8 3BW.
WELL DONE TO YOU All.
Mike Branch Chair with Ange & Graham from The Broomfield. Above image taken before lockdown restrictions.
Licensee Mark McElhatton from Malt Shovel with the award.
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
- .....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE.....
- ...Byatt's Brewery has something to Celebrate
- ..Planning for Broomfield Tavern applied for.
- .Dhillons New Venture
- Coventry City Centre site for first Micro Pub "things are hopping along nicely"
- Planning Application for new bar in Earlsdon submitted
- Pub of the Year and Club of the Year – Coronavirus Update 2021
- Twisted Barrel & Green Duck Buy A Canning Line!
- Wow Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
We’ve achieved so much since 1971, We still have lots to do to ensure all beer and pub lovers have access to quality beer and cider in pubs in every community across the UK.
We would love to hear from you, our members, as to why CAMRA membership counts. Click image to help.
The Good Beer Guide 2021 get your copy now!
SPRING 2020 PINT SIDES click image to download.
Twitter / covcamra
- Friday, 23:08 : RT @CAMRA_Edinburgh: We have learned that Wetherspoon intend to close the Blacksmith's Forge, Dalkeith permanently after failing to come to an agreement with the owners, Lidl. A petition against the closure can be found here: chng.it/jXTVHT9J
- Thursday, 12:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: 1/2 Got any burning questions about the first half century of CAMRA? Now's your chance to ask the expert! '50 Years of CAMRA' author Laura Hadland (@Morrighani) will be answering your questions on 16 March. Reply here with your queries 👇
- Thursday, 13:55 : RT @ByattsBrewery: As it's Thursday we thought we would do a quick #Throwback to the arrival of our new kit when Lee was like a kid in a sweetshop way back on 2016! #WeAreTen #TenYearsOfBrewing #Coventry pic.twitter.com/I8Nu0NoHph
- Wednesday, 14:26 : RT @CAMRA_Official: 2/2 Responding to the financial support announced: pic.twitter.com/dsQfoBwrYf
- Wednesday, 14:26 : RT @CAMRA_Official: 1/2 In response to the Chancellor's Budget statement, please find the below comment from CAMRA National Chairman, Nik Antona: pic.twitter.com/hviUHBAKmW
Brew2You has been created by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to support pubs and breweries during a time where trade is low and to help reduce wastage of beer.
A new podcast episode will be released each week
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.