Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
The Coventry & District branch covers. Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at just over 932. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welcome to you all. CAMRA has a national membership of over 160,000.
SPRING 2021 PINT SIDES SPECIAL ONLINE ISSUE click image to download
"It's a great read."
"Regeneration of the City Centre has started"
SUPPORT THE LOCAL
“You know it make sense”
"The journey of a cask A CAMRA Learn & Discover video guide click here "
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweriesMore details click here
Pubs are under threat of extinction you can help?
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD.
Due to COVID-19 all social and meetings of the branch are now suspended until further notice. While current Government advice is that all social gatherings should be avoided in the short term, we’d like to encourage all beer-lover and pub-goers to investigate ways to continue supporting the industry, whether that be ordering their brews online from independent retailers local breweries or supporting pub who do takeout's or crowdfunding campaigns to keep afloat
Cider in May
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
The Good Beer Guide 2021 get your copy now!
In view of this the branch decided not to hold any competition in 2021
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2020
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2020 & Cider pub of the year 2020 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Malt Shovel Bubbenhall 2 Lower End, CV8 3BW.
WELL DONE TO YOU All.
Mike Branch Chair with Ange & Graham from The Broomfield. Above image taken before lockdown restrictions.
Licensee Mark McElhatton from Malt Shovel with the award.
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
- .....Coventry City Centre site for first Micro Pub "things are hopping along nicely"..
- .....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE.....
- .....Pubs Opening 12th April 2021.....
- ....Cask is Back....
- ...Byatt's Brewery has something to Celebrate...
- ..Dhillons New Venture..
- ..The Heart of Warwickshire branch of the Campaign for Real Ale..
- Pub of the Year and Club of the Year – Coronavirus Update 2021
- Wow Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
We’ve achieved so much since 1971, We still have lots to do to ensure all beer and pub lovers have access to quality beer and cider in pubs in every community across the UK.
We would love to hear from you, our members, as to why CAMRA membership counts. Click image to help.
Calling all landlords - Why not make sure your pub’s entry is up-to-date?
Twitter / covcamra
- Thursday, 18:31 : RT @HopsdAmour: To make our cask line up complete, the fabulous @ByattsBrewery have delivered something rather tasty. There’s something else quite special coming to the bottle fridge too... 🍻Cheers Byatts! Keeping it #LocAle 🍻 twitter.com/byattsbrewery/…
- Thursday, 09:25 : RT @ByattsBrewery: We've been rolling up our sleeves in preparation to welcoming you all back INSIDE our brewhouse! It has been very quiet and lonely without our lovely customers. Exciting news - Our brand new, beautiful, floor was finished only yesterday! Check it out :) Doors open from 20th May pic.twitter.com/AlcFsNg2Ya
- Thursday, 11:10 : RT @HopsdAmour: Another delicious delivery! Keep it #LocAle Cheers @Mashionistas #covcitycentre #micropub 🍻 pic.twitter.com/RUVRc0Ls2M
- Wednesday, 14:47 : RT @HopsdAmour: 🍻Ready to book your table with us🍻 We are taking bookings for May 19th up till June 2nd so far 🍺 twitter.com/hopsdamour/sta…
- Wednesday, 12:16 : RT @oldwindmill: Getting the lines ready for Monday so that first pint will be as excellent as it should be. pic.twitter.com/CTJKUJ3uz7
Brew2You has been created by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to support pubs and breweries during a time where trade is low and to help reduce wastage of beer.
A new podcast episode will be released each week
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.