Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
The Coventry & District branch covers. Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at around 1,030. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welcome to you all. National Membership of nearly 190,000
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE CLICK IMAGE BELOW....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweries
Your local beer is under threat. The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures, and less choice at the bar for you. CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers. Sign the petition on the parliament.uk website deadline 10/03/2021. More details ....
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD.
Due to COVID-19 all social and meetings of the branch are now suspended until further notice. While current Government advice is that all social gatherings should be avoided in the short term, we’d like to encourage all beer-lover and pub-goers to investigate ways to continue supporting the industry, whether that be ordering their brews online from independent retailers local breweries or supporting pub crowdfunding campaigns to keep afloat
Help us support your local and keep pubs alive and thriving in every community. Download this poster now.
Put it in your front window, and follow the instructions, share with all your friends, family and colleagues.
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2020
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2020 & Cider pub of the year 2020 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Malt Shovel Bubbenhall 2 Lower End, CV8 3BW.
WELL DONE TO YOU All.
Mike Branch Chairman with Ange & Graham from The Broomfield. Above image taken before lockdown restrictions.
Licensee Mark McElhatton from Malt Shovel with the award.
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
The Good Beer Guide 2021 get your copy now!
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
- .....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE.....
- .Twisted Barrel & Green Duck Buy A Canning Line!
- Coventry City Centre site for first Micro Pub "things are hopping along nicely"
- Planning Application for new bar in Earlsdon submitted
- Pub of the Year and Club of the Year – Coronavirus Update
- The Grapes put up for sale & new planning June 2020
- Wow Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
We’ve achieved so much since 1971, We still have lots to do to ensure all beer and pub lovers have access to quality beer and cider in pubs in every community across the UK.
We would love to hear from you, our members, as to why CAMRA membership counts. Click image to help.
SPRING 2020 PINT SIDES click image to download.
Seen something that needs updating onplease use the submit updates tab in Whatpub or contact ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@reciffosbup and the branch will update details.
Twitter / covcamra
- Wednesday, 17:11 : Please RT twitter.com/CampaignforPub…
- Wednesday, 10:50 : RT @CAMRA_Official: CAMRA has called on the Government to publish evidence for new pub restrictions amidst conflicting Christmas rules. You can read our letter to the Health Secretary below, and the full press release here 👉 ow.ly/713Q50Cum5L pic.twitter.com/PPwIQH6x5b
- Tuesday, 19:35 : RT @1958mad: Well that's one MP twitter.com/paulbristow79/…
- Tuesday, 13:57 : 👏 twitter.com/ByattsBrewery/…
- Tuesday, 13:54 : Very nice 🍺🍺😀 twitter.com/HopsdAmour/sta…
- Tuesday, 13:52 : Thank you if you have already emailed your MP, but if you haven't done it yesterday - then please do it now! 👇👇👇👇. Save the pubs, bar, breweries camra.e-activist.com/page/68352/act…. Cheers 🍺
- Tuesday, 13:30 : RT @CAMRA_Official: .@GBBFWinter is going virtual for the first time, 12-14 February 2021! 🎉 Visitors can buy a selection of beers, ciders & perries, and join personalised beer tastings with some of the UK’s leading experts. Sign up for updates & follow the social pages👉 winter.gbbf.org.uk pic.twitter.com/Bl2QSTkSMG
Brew2You has been created by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to support pubs and breweries during a time where trade is low and to help reduce wastage of beer.
A new podcast episode will be released each week
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.