Welcome to the Coventry & District branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.
(UK City of Culture from May 2021 to May 2022)
The Coventry & District branch covers. Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. The current branch membership stands at 1,033. This includes the new members to the branch who joined us in the last two months welcome to you all. National Membership is over 190,000
.....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE CLICK IMAGE BELOW....
Home delivery, collections or on-line from breweries
Your local beer is under threat. The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures, and less choice at the bar for you. CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers. More details ....
SOCIAL & EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS AHEAD.
Due to COVID-19 all social and meetings of the branch are now suspended until further notice. While current Government advice is that all social gatherings should be avoided in the short term, we’d like to encourage all beer-lover and pub-goers to investigate ways to continue supporting the industry, whether that be ordering their brews online from independent retailers local breweries or supporting pub crowdfunding campaigns to keep afloat
Help us support your local and keep pubs alive and thriving in every community. Download this poster now.
Put it in your front window, and follow the instructions, share with all your friends, family and colleagues.
Social events are held most Tuesday evenings with a number held on Saturdays. For up to date information see above and latest changes go to Branch Diary
Can any local CAMRA members help. We have a number of posts vacant on the branch committee. Young Members officer, Public affairs liaison officer, Publicity & Press officer. Also we need a Cider & Perry officer. More details on members’ area web page use this link. If interested drop an email to ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@tcatnoc or come along to the next branch meeting.
BRANCH PUBS OF THE YEAR 2020
We are pleased to announce that our Pub of the Year 2020 & Cider pub of the year 2020 for Coventry, West Midlands is the Broomfield Tavern. Our Warwickshire area pub of the year is the Malt Shovel Bubbenhall 2 Lower End, CV8 3BW.
WELL DONE TO YOU All.
Above image taken before lockdown restrictions
Licensee Mark McElhatton from Malt Shovel with the award.
CAMRA Bookshop checkout some great titles NOW
PUB & BREWERY NEWS. PLUS ANY BREAKING NEWS & SOUND BITES
- .....LOCAL BREWERIES PLEASE HELP THEM TO SURVIVE.....
- Coventry City Centre site for first Micro Pub plans approved
- Planning Application for new bar in Earlsdon submitted
- Pub of the Year and Club of the Year – Coronavirus Update
- Smiles all round at Byatt’s Brewery
- The Old Windmill Public House Spon Street
- Wow Branch Polo & T-Shirts details
We’ve achieved so much since 1971, We still have lots to do to ensure all beer and pub lovers have access to quality beer and cider in pubs in every community across the UK.
We would love to hear from you, our members, as to why CAMRA membership counts. Click image to help.
SPRING 2020 PINT SIDES click image to download.
Seen something that needs updating on.. ..please use the submit updates tab in Whatpub or contact ku.gro.armac.yrtnevoc@reciffosbup and the branch will update details.
Twitter / covcamra
- Thursday, 12:55 : RT @beergonzo1: Least we are still open 🙂 pic.twitter.com/umAtNFX6oe
- Thursday, 08:00 : RT @caskaleweek: IT'S CASK ALE WEEK! 🍻 Here's to a great 11-day 'Week'. Support your local #pubs and #breweries in these challenging times!🍻 caskaleweek.co.uk #CaskAleWeek #FreshPubBeer pic.twitter.com/albsguc49S
- Thursday, 09:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Small Brewers Relief is vital for brewers & consumer choice, but the government want to remove support from some of the smallest breweries. Have you signed @AnspachHobday's petition to reverse the changes to SBR? It's close to 50k! Sign here 👉 camra.org.uk/sbr @SIBA01 pic.twitter.com/uiybMS4YWu
- Wednesday, 10:13 : RT @CaskFinder: #CaskAleWeek starts tomorrow! We've designed 2 options for a CAW T-shirt giveaway & we would like your opinion. These polls will choose a design that celebrates CAW but also marks these historic times. We will announce the winning design w/c 28th Sept - surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QLZDZY9 pic.twitter.com/0wWSSg9jKQ
- Wednesday, 10:50 : RT @TwistBarrelAle: Updated opening hours this week. Few other changes, except for mandatory masks when not sitting (unless exempt for medical reasons), and all customers off site by 10pm on Friday and Saturday pic.twitter.com/MSXPvHF47f
Brew2You has been created by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to support pubs and breweries during a time where trade is low and to help reduce wastage of beer.
CAMRA has created a virtual pub THE RED (ON) LION so. Register and log in to sit at a table with friends. Video chat together and share what you are drinking.
A new podcast episode will be released each week