About Our Branch
The Coventry & District Campaign for Real Ale branch covers Coventry, Kenilworth, Bubbenhall, Ryton on Dunsmore, Balsall Common, Meriden and Corley Moor. CAMRA campaigns for real ale, real pubs and consumer rights. We are an independent, voluntary organisation with over 160,000 members and have been described as the most successful consumer group in Europe. CAMRA promotes good-quality real ale and pubs, as well as acting as the consumer’s champion in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry.
We aim to
- Protect and improve consumer rights.
- Promote quality, choice and value for money.
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of our national heritage and culture
- Branch meetings are held every month at different pubs and clubs in our area where we discuss local and national issues and of course enjoy some of the real ales.
- We survey beer quality in the pubs within our area. Based upon our finding we select which local pubs feature on the Good Beer Guide, which is published annually by CAMRA, and award an annual Pub of the Year.
- Each quarter we produce our newsletter called Pint Sides that can be obtained from many pubs free of charge.
- We hold a Beer Festival every year in March or April, with as many as 80 Real Ales and a selection of bottled beers, ciders, perries and country wines.
- We also hold a range of social events throughout the year including local pub crawls to visiting other Beer Festivals.