The Grapes gains Asset of Community Value status
The Grapes has now been given 'Asset of Community Value' by Coventry City Council this is great news for the local people and all that took this task on. We wish them well in the next stage to help keep the Grapes as part of the local community
Update on The Grapes November 2019
Planning application for demolition and replacement with flats refused by Coventry City Council in May 2019. No appeal has yet been made against the refusal. The pubs was listed as an ACV in June 2019 and the owner has issued an 'intention to dispose' notice to Coventry CC. A company limited by guarantee run by a local businessman has made a request to be considered as a bidder. The ACV Moratorium ends on 10th March 2020.
Twitter / GrapesSave
- Thursday 31 October, 17:56 : Petition chng.it/6Rk66wkC to @coventrycc to protect ACV listed heritage asset The Grapes, Radford: Please RT @ThePubChampion @ProtectPubs @SAVEBrit @HistoricEngland @PlunkettFoundat @PubistheHub_uk
- Thursday 31 October, 17:51 : Petition chng.it/6Rk66wkC to @coventrycc to protect ACV listed heritage asset The Grapes, Radford: Please RT @covobservernews @Coventry2021 @covcamra @BBCCovWarks @covtelegraph @Coventry_City @live_coventry @covcampus
- Wednesday 30 October, 14:57 : Coventry City Council: Protect The Grapes Hotel, Coventry from deterioration for the local community. - Sign the Petition! chng.it/6Rk66wkC via @UKChange
- Thursday 27 June, 17:24 : RT @SaveTheCabinet: Just back from a very agreeable lunch at the community-owned @SaveTunsGuilden with campaign leaders there (thanks, guys). All looking fantastic - what a great success story! #saveourpubtoo pic.twitter.com/jORolNmyhl
- Saturday 22 June, 17:48 : RT @mmell32: @GrapesSave @coventrycc @live_coventry @covobservernews @mayaali001 @CllrHetherton So what happens now then. Does it stay a boarded up eye sore and fly tippers paradise?
Protecting pubs. Well run pubs play a pivotal role in local communities, but are increasingly under threat of demolition or being converted to another use by large developers with 29 pubs closing every week. As a pub lover and local campaigner, your first step to saving a pub from this fate is to list it as an 'Asset of Community Value'. You can do this even before a pub is under threat, which will give the pub added protection under planning law. Please note that ACV listings only apply to pubs across England. If you have already listed your pub as an ACV, visit our planning help and guidance page, for additional resources and support.